Date: 5/7/18 3:18 pm
From: <connie60625...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: IBET link to article on NU and bird collisions with their buildings
The Apple store on the Chicago river and Michigan Avenue is completely glass...they too should do something!!!! So many bird collisions,  it's a crime!!!

Get Outlook for Android

On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 3:29 PM -0500, "Fran M <franmmmk...> [ILbirds]" <ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:

Personally, I’m not buying this NU stuff. NU spends a few thousand to quiet the critics, but when you build millions (billions ?) of dollars worth of buildings right on top of the lake, what do you expect? I’m thankful Evanston and Chicago protected the lakefront for people and wildlife to enjoy. NU has a different agenda, and don’t let them fool  you. It’s not about recreation and wildlife.
Fran Morel

Sent from my iPhone
On May 7, 2018, at 12:54 PM, Suzanne Coleman <isooz...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:

I haven't read the link yet but it's from American Bird Conservancy's e-mail today:
Northwestern University Takes Action to
Make Buildings Bird-Friendly

Working
with the local community and experts from American Bird Conservancy,
Northwestern University is using state-of-the-art solutions to keep
birds from dying in collisions with
glass walls and windows. The measures put Northwestern in the vanguard
of a growing movement among U.S. colleges and universities to implement
practical and effective ways to avoid collisions which kill up to 1
billion birds a year in the U.S. alone.

Suzanne Colemancook co.

Join us on Facebook!