Date: 5/7/18 1:12 pm
From: Ryan Tomazin <wvwarblers...>
Subject: Allegheny Co - Boyce Mayview was busy
All,

I spent (way too much) time at Boyce Mayview this morning into afternoon, and had 66 species, listed below.

Adding to that, I spent nearly an hour each just over the border into Washington County at both Peters Lake Park and the Montour Trail at Valleybrook Rd near Rt 19. My total list for 7:19 am - 1:42 pm is 81 species, including 19 species of warbler (plus the chat). One of my better warbler days ever.

Cheers,

Ryan Tomazin - Bridgeville, PA

Boyce-Mayview Park, Allegheny, Pennsylvania, US
May 7, 2018 9:21 AM - 1:42 PM
Protocol: Traveling
2.25 mile(s)
66 species

Wild Turkey 1
Turkey Vulture 4
Red-tailed Hawk 1
Mourning Dove X
Yellow-billed Cuckoo 1 Bird flushed and then sat in plain view for a couple of minutes
Black-billed Cuckoo 1 Bird flushed and then sat in plain view for a couple of minutes
Chimney Swift X
Ruby-throated Hummingbird 1
Red-bellied Woodpecker X Nest on Silvan Ridge Trail
Downy Woodpecker X
Hairy Woodpecker X
Northern Flicker X
Pileated Woodpecker X
Acadian Flycatcher 1
White-eyed Vireo 2
Yellow-throated Vireo 1
Red-eyed Vireo X
Blue Jay X
American Crow X
Tree Swallow 1
Barn Swallow 1
Carolina Chickadee X
Tufted Titmouse X
White-breasted Nuthatch X
House Wren X
Carolina Wren X
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher X
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 7
Swainson's Thrush 2
Wood Thrush 5
American Robin X
Gray Catbird X
Brown Thrasher 2
European Starling X
Cedar Waxwing 3
Ovenbird 2
Black-and-white Warbler 1
Tennessee Warbler 2
Nashville Warbler 3
Hooded Warbler 1
American Redstart 4
Northern Parula 2 Male (didn't know if there was more than one) sang a very off-normal song, and then I heard the regular song lisped under its breath. Very odd.
Magnolia Warbler 6 Probably more
Yellow Warbler X
Chestnut-sided Warbler 6
Blackpoll Warbler 1 Singing an alternate song type
Black-throated Blue Warbler 2
Yellow-rumped Warbler 8
Yellow-throated Warbler 2
Chipping Sparrow X
Field Sparrow X
White-throated Sparrow 3
Song Sparrow X
Eastern Towhee X
Yellow-breasted Chat 1 In the shrubbery above the meadow. Called it in by mimicking what it was mimicking.
Scarlet Tanager 1
Northern Cardinal X
Rose-breasted Grosbeak 2
Indigo Bunting 1