Date: 5/7/18 12:31 pm
From: Ian Devlin via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Selleck Woods Darien Hooded Warbler and more...
5/7/18 8am-10:30am

Great variety this morning for migrating songbirds! Selleck Woods is a special place to me for the last five years or so, especially during spring migration season. I was lucky enough to bump into Ryan, who works at Greenwich Audubon, who helped me identify the song of the Hooded Warbler, which we eventually found visually.

I spent a solid 2-1/2 hours at the park circumnavigating it several times. I relocated the Hooded Warbler about an hour after Ryan and I found it, and shared it with three other birders to enjoy. Here is this morning’s list of warblers, thrushes, orioles, flycatchers, vireos, tanagers and more. Most were calling and singing:

1 Hooded Warbler (my first at this location)
2 Chestnut-side Warblers
2 Nashville Warblers
1 Black-throated Blue Warbler
1 Black-throated Green Warbler