Date: 5/7/18 12:03 pm
From: Warblerick <ricksussman1955...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Cape Mays, and more
A friend came up from Montgomery County to watch and enjoy the continuing show being put on by about a half dozen or more CAPE MAY WARBLERS, feeding and foraging in the large holly trees in my yard. We watched them as they fed on the nectar of the tiny white holly flowers, very often stopping to wipe their bills (from all that sticky nectar). Males and females, at very close range.
Also present, an adult White-crowned Sparrow, female towhee, Brown Thrasher, and Stephanie found my FOY Rose-breasted Grosbeak (a beautiful male), which eventually came in to the feeders. We were also happy to watch a pair of adult Bald Eagles flying over together, circling way above us. Other birds present were Yellow Warbler, Orchard Oriole, Cedar Waxwings, Red-shouldered Hawk, lots of Blue Jays and catbirds.

Some days you just gotta go birding!
Rick Sussman
Woodbine, MD