Date: 5/7/18 9:55 am
From: Antonio, Robert J. <anto...>
Subject: Burcham: Monday Morning
It was a beautiful morning along the Kaw. It seemed significantly less birdy to me today. Heard lots of House wrens and a few Tennessee Warblers driving down Indiana which usually means we are getting later in migration though hopefully a lot to go. Usually Wedge finds some excellent campus birds this time of year

Warblers
Yellow ~ 50 still lots of notes
Yellow-rumped - 10 - 3 males and two sang
Northern Parula - 3 singing
Nashville 1 singing
Tennessee - 4 singing
Northern Waterthrush - 1bird was singing hard in tree higher than usual along the Kaw - the sun really lit up its yellow wash
Chestnut-sided - 1 singing hard along north stream

Pied-billed Grebe - 1FOSB
Swainson's Thrush - 9 no song
Gray-cheeked Thrush - 1 west wood edge in woods below south bridge on power-line cut
Summer Tanager - singing in woods below south bridge
Yellow-throated Vireo - 1 near boathouse
Red-eyed Vireo - 12 all singing
White-throated Sparrow 1 - think they have been departing
Lincoln's Sparrow - 1
Fish Crow - 1 calling on the wing while crossing the Kaw from west

Bob Antonio
Lawrence

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to