Date: 5/7/18 8:52 am
From: Leon Bright <urraca2...>
Subject: [cobirds] Red Crossbills - Pueblo
COBirders-- For the first time in 47 years, this morning a small flock of
Red Crossbills came to my backyard feeders. Ironically a (rare for
Colorado) White-winged Crossbill was here for a few minutes earlier this
year, as some of you might remember. Below is a photo for any of you
top-of-the line birders to see if you can identify the "type" of crossbill
they are. Not being top-of -the line, I can't. They were busy snarfing the
sunflower seed so didn't vocalize. They flew off when frightened by a
neighbor cat.

For beginning birders, the bird perched on the upper middle of the feeder
is a House Finch. Note the different plumages of the two female crossbills.

Leon Bright, Pueblo