Date: 5/7/18 8:35 am
From: Marc Ribaudo via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Leesylvania State Park, 24 warbler species

Leesylvania State Park was fantastic this morning. A four hour visit yielded 83 species, including 24 warblers. The crescendo of sound was great enough at times to make it difficult to pick individuals out. I had nine warbler species along the main road before I got out of the car. As usual the majority were yellow-rumps, but Cape May, black-throated blue, and American redstart were in double digits too, and found at all stops. Other warbler goodies were Nashville (hillside above ruins), Tennessee (start of road to vacation homes), Wilson's (overflow parking lot), magnolia (several spots) and Canada (several spots). Other notables were a late blue-headed vireo, lots of scarlet tanagers (four chasing each other around Bushey Point was quite a sight), and several singing Swaingon's thrushes. A link to my e-bird list is here: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45410315

Marc Ribaudo
<moribaudo...>