Date: 5/7/18 6:27 am
From: 'Molly Jacobson' via NHBirds <nhbirds...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Blue Jays imitating broad-winged hawks?
I knew that blue jays could do a good red-tailed hawk impression, but
this spring I've been seeing quite a few jays doing an absolutely
perfect imitation of a broad-winged hawk. I feel like I can't trust
birding by ear for that one anymore. It's an interesting behavior that
I don't think I've noticed in years past. I wonder if they do it to
scare the other birds. Corvids, mischievous as always.
-Molly JacobsonMerrimack

--
To Change your e-mail delivery settings (digest, daily, no mail)
visit: