Date: 5/7/18 3:39 am
From: Karen Markey <ylime...>
Subject: [birders] Planning for the WAS Field Trip to Magee Marsh on Sunday, May 13
Please join me for a Washtenaw Audubon Society field trip to Magee Marsh
this Sunday, May 13. We will carpool from the Plymouth Road park-and-ride
parking lot at 5:50 am, leaving the lot at 6 am sharp. Please do not arrive
late at the park-and-ride lot because we could be gone!

Alternatively, you can meet me and the rest of the carpoolers at the
"Warbler Display" at Magee Marsh's WEST boardwalk entrance at about 7:15
a.m. I plan to return in late afternoon, possibly making a stop at nearby
Metzger Marsh or Maumee Bay State Park, but individual drivers and their
carpools may arrange to come back sooner. Bring a hat, insect repellent,
lunch, and plenty of water or fluids for hydration. There is NO food or
drink for sale at Magee Marsh or anywhere nearby -- please pack a LUNCH
along with plenty of WATER and your favorite snacks and soft drinks. (Last
year, there was a breakfast truck on one of the trails ... I don't know
whether it will be selling coffee and snacks there this year but this
trip's objective is birding, not snacking.)

The Marsh should be at peak, and there will be a crowd due to the last day
of the 10-day Biggest Week in American Birding Festival
<http://www.biggestweekinamericanbirding.com/>.

Looking at the long-range forecast for Sunday, May 13, I would suggest you
plan for a warm start in the low 60s, getting warmer with temperatures
reaching the low 70s, beautiful south winds (coaxing birds to Magee), and
with the threat of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Bring a hat, insect
repellent, poncho or rain jacket, and sunscreen, and layer your clothes for
both cool and warm conditions. Magee Marsh is boardwalk so athletic
shoes/sneakers should be fine.

If you have questions, please message me at ylime AT umich.edu. See you at
the Plymouth Road park-and-ride carpark at 5:50 am or at the Magee Marsh
warbler display at 7:15 am this Sunday, May 13.

PS. Messaging me that you are meeting me at the Plymouth Road park-and-ride
lot would be helpful so that I know you will be joining the trip.

Karen Markey
Email: <ylime...>
Web: http://ylime.people.si.umich.edu/

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org