Date: 5/7/18 3:02 am
From: Steve Johnson via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Bobolinks in Gordonsville (Orange) 06 May
Lynn and I spent some time yesterday (Sunday) looking for breeding bird activity in Atlas block Gordonsville SE. Many returning summer birds appeared to be singing "on territory" well before the suggested "safe dates". We used our best judgment which of those to record as merely "Observed" (assuming they are still in migration; and which to record as "Singing male", which ranks as "Possible" for breeding status.

I'm sure Lynn would agree with me that the highlight was a flock of 60 Bobolinks at a farm field along Black Level Road. I'm sure they were just passing through. But what a great show, both visual and auditory.

Good birding!!

Steve Johnson and Lynn Rafferty
stevejohnson2 at verizon dot net