Date: 5/6/18 8:51 pm
From: Rankin, Gary <rankin...>
Subject: Terms and Dickcissel at Beech Fork Lake
I got a call from Janet Keating around 4:30 pm this afternoon indicating that Mike Griffith had let her know that terns and a pair of Dickcissels had been seen at the marina area of Beech Fork Lake. I immediately drove over to the the marina and found four Forester’s Terns on trash and a buoy near the fishing platform. I checked them out with both binoculars and my scope. Mike showed up about that time and we both agreed that the terns were Forester’s Terns. Eventually a group of seven Forester’s Terns were seen flying over the marina area.

Janet arrived shortly after I did and she, Mike and I went looking for the Dickcissels. After an hour of searching around the administration building area, we were about to leave for home, when Janet spotted them in a small bare tree on the hillside that drops back toward the lakeside trail. Both t he Terns and Dickcissels were FOYs for me.

Gary Rankin
Lavalette, WV
Wayne Co.

Sent from my iPad