Date: 5/6/18 7:49 pm
From: Scott Seltman <sselt...>
Subject: Larned Whistling-Ducks!
It appears that MANY birders were able to see Larned's famous ducks over the
weekend. The high count so far is 17 BBWDs, but last year we thought there
were less than ten right up until that photo surfaced showing 22!! So who
knows how many there really are?!?

We locals will attempt to keep giving everyone updates on the
whistling-ducks as long as they remain. It would certainly be something if
they nest again.

Nightjar request: I have a friend who is hoping to hear both Whips and
Chucks on Monday evening in Johnson County. Any advice on a reliable
location would be appreciated. Respond off-list if you wish.

Scott Seltman

Larned, Kansas

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to