Date: 5/6/18 7:39 pm
From: Peter Fissel <peter.fissel...>
Subject: [wisb] Fw: eBird Report - Madison School Forest, May 6, 2018
Chuck Henrikson and I led a walk at the Madison School Forest south of Verona this morning. I was dismayed to see that they'd conducted a burn over much of the forest floor on Saturday (there were still a few spots smoldering.) We figured that would cut way down on sparrows and other ground dwellers, so we modified our planned route to mostly avoid the burned areas. Lots of beginning birders along today, so it was probably just as well that we didn't have an overwhelming number of species. Chuck, I forgot to mention that I also heard a Blue-winged Warbler as we were going past the pines the first time. It only sang one "bee-buzz", and I didn't hear it again.

Peter Fissel

Madison, Dane Co.