Date: 5/6/18 5:44 pm
From: Jeff Bilsky <jbilsky...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Skokie Lagoons (South of Willow) - Cook County
Having birded most of the day yesterday and then this morning, I decided to
take it easy, do some work and clean the apartment. Then I realized that
was a terrible idea. So I headed back out. I have been meaning to check a
gravel trail that runs parallel to the river, south of willow road by
Skokie Lagoons (just east of the Erickson woods entrance, over the bridge).
It always struck me as a spot that would likely be birdy - which it was.
Few people (even on an amazing day like this), lots of birds, and great
habitat. The trail is elevated so you have solid views into the woods on
the east and the river on the west. Lots of warblers including FOY
BAY-BREASTED. Great spot for photographing warblers as well as often you're
looking down on them. I briefly stopped by the Lagoon on my way back to my
car and picked up a few more species. Good birding.

Link with several photos: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45387909

Skokie Lagoons Forest Preserve--South of Willow Rd., Cook, Illinois, US
May 6, 2018 3:55 PM - 6:19 PM
Protocol: Traveling
2.28 mile(s)
55 species