Date: 5/6/18 5:30 pm
From: Amy Henrici <henriciac...>
Subject: White-crowned Sparrow and unusual Black-throated Green Warbler, Allegheny County
The yard bird gods smiled on us once again today with a White-crowned
Sparrow briefly visiting the feeder while we ate dinner outside. There were
also two male and a female Orchard Oriole feeding in the blooming apple
trees this weekend. Earlier in the week I took a photograph of a
Black-throated Green Warbler that has a chestnut colored cheek patch and a
very yellow throat. When I looked at the picture and saw the cheek patch, I
briefly thought that it was a Cape May. I looked at a fair number of
photographs of Black-throated Green warblers online and did not see any
with a chestnut cheek patch, though a few had pale yellow throats. Any
thoughts? Here is my ebird list with a couple documentation photos of the
warbler. Unfortunately, they are not super sharp.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45168291

Amy Henrici
Plum Borough
Allegheny Co.