Date: 5/6/18 2:04 pm
From: Mike Horn via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Hamden Eagles feeding eel to 2 chicks
Hi again Hamden Eagle Fans. Today (Sun 5/6/18) at 2:00 PM, The Hamden Land
conservation Trust had it's annual Birds and Brew event featuring everyone's
favorite eagle family - The State St Hamden family. We had about 30 people
watch as mother eagle showed up promptly at 2:00 PM with an eel. She cut it
in half and dropped it into the nest. My best guess is that she was showing
the 2 chicks what live prey looks like. The chicks worked on the pieces but
were not able to make a dent in them. Much later, mom returned and fed them.
There were lots of binoculars and 2 spotting scopes so everyone got great
looks. From the time I got there at 1:30 PM to when I left at 3:00 PM daddy
bird was sitting on the front show branch doing nothing. Regards to all,
Mike Horn, Hamden, CT