Date: 5/6/18 11:59 am
From: Carol Mo <cbmolander...>
Subject: Re: [MASSBIRD] 2 Little blue herons - Barnstable
This morning, my husband and I sighted a little blue heron at Little
Harbor Beach in Onset (Wareham, MA). There is also a piping plover on the
beach. They return each spring and nest above the wrack line which now has
a roped off area and warning signs.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45365422

*Carol B. Molander*
<cbmolander...>
508-641-0991 Cell

On Sun, May 6, 2018 at 6:11 AM, Peter Crosson <
<pcrosson...> wrote:

> Hi folks, I found a little blue heron at Santuit Pond preserve this past
> Thursday. Returning there this morning, not only was the bird still
> present, but he has been joined by another! For anyone interested in
> chasing these birds, the parking area for this preserve is on
> Santuit-Newtown Road, right near the Barnstable/Mashpee line. Just walk in
> past the yellow gate, up the trail to your left, then down a small hill to
> the open, flooded cranberry bog. Carefully scan the aquatic vegetation and
> the birds should be fairly easily findable.
>
> Good birding,
> Peter Crosson
> West Barnstable, Mass.
>
> Sent from my iPhone