Date: 5/6/18 6:14 am
From: Judy & Don <9waterfall9...>
Subject: Fwd: Warblers near old quarry glade Lake Leatherwood Park
I welcome comments. This was my reasoning, and I'm not attached to the claim of identification if it is way too rare here:

I looked again at my field notes. I wrote, "zw zw zw zzzzzzzz ascending". Don played the song variations again and that's what I heard. Sibley describes it as a "rather harsh slow rising buzz zheew zheew zheeeeeeeeeee, or zo zo zo zo zheeee." What I heard.
All sound correct to my recollection.

I would be glad to post the above explanation to Arbird if you think that would be a more accurate report. I'm not trying to claim something rare as I didn't even know it was rare. I thought the Black-throated Gray was rare here.
Is there another bird that sounds similar?
I did hear it several times up in the Lake Leatherwood glade and it was quite diffferent than the Black-throated Green who has that zoo business going on in between the zheees.

When Don and I heard this before at Leatherwood during an IMBC we did not see the bird so did not include it in our report. This time I did not see the bird either. So this is not a verified sighting. Just a hearing.

I have no problem clarifying this on Arbird if that would be the best.

Judith

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Joseph C. Neal" <joeneal...>
> Subject: Re: Warblers near old quarry glade Lake Leatherwood Park