Date: 5/6/18 5:51 am
From: Julie M <julie...>
Subject: [birders] magee marsh trip
Hello all,

I am a VERY new birder here in A2, and went to Magee Marsh on Friday. It
was a lot of fun, not crowded at all even with an 11:30a arrival. I had
many wonderful little warblers ID for me by the other very friendly birders
there. It was so amazing to see all these tiny little beautiful birds
right at eye level. Magnolia, Tenessee, Nashville, Blackburnian, Cerulean,
Yellow, Black and White and I was told the Golden Winged that was pointed
out was a very rare one!

There were some food trucks set up at the Ottawa NWR right next door, and I
did the auto tour. Near the shore there on the tour I was told there was a
yellow billed cuckoo and two soras but I did not see them.

I am an amateur radio operator and find that operating radio portable at
parks is a fine companion to birding. I really can't HELP but bird now
when I'm outdoors. Great hobby. I enjoy everyone's posts here, thank you

Julie
K8VOX

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<1d9800e1-89de-46a9-a379-cf8bb085a98c...>