Date: 5/6/18 4:58 am
From: Barbara Volkle <barb620...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Swainson's Warbler - Mashpee/Barnstable line
Thanks to Peter Crosson for the following report on the Massachusetts
Rare Bird Alert facebook page.  He's also posted a map there.

Barbara Volkle

Northborough, MA

<barb620...>

*

Hi folks, I just found a SWAINSON’S WARBLER at Santuit Pond preserve on
the Mashpee/Barnstable line this morning. The bird is still singing
currently, and I’ve made some recordings. Unfortunately I don’t have my
camera with me, but another birder is on his way and I will try to post
photos later. I will also post recordings if I can figure out how to do
that.

This is the location of the bird, which is still singing. I recommend
accessing the preserve from the Rt 130 side, just follow the access
trail in until it hits a T intersection. Go left at the T, then it right
past a small pond and down a hill to a peninsula between two small
ponds. There is a large thicket here, which is where the bird is hanging
out.

Join us on Facebook!