Date: 5/6/18 3:09 am
From: Amanda Tichacek <amanda.tichacek...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: IBET Techny areas, Skokie lagoons cook co.
Suzanne, very nice to finally meet you in person. I did spot that Yellow Warbler you heard singing in the distance. You have a great ear!

For local birders, the Dowitcher at Techny North was a Short-billed. It was found by young birders Ben and Isoo who were departing as Tamima and I were arriving. It took a few minutes, but we relocated it pretty easily by scoping the muddy edges. It was still there when we departed around 4PM. Given how high the water is right now, I was surprised by the variety of shorebirds in the mudflats (Least, Pectoral, Spotted, Solitary, Lesser and Greater Yellowlegs, Killdeer, and the SB Dowitcher).

Amanda T
Skokie/Cook

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 6, 2018, at 12:20 AM, Suzanne Coleman <isooz...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:
>
> Highlights:
>
> Meeting some fellow birders! 😊
>
> Techny
>
> Returning m Baltimore Oriole
> Foy warbling vireo
> Singing Savannah sparrow back after a year off?
> Flooded open basin area
>
> Techny n
>
> Adult black crowned night heron
> Caspian tern
> Meadowlark
> Savannah sparrow
> Blue winged teal
> Lots of shorebirds incl dowicher
>
> Skokie lagoons
>
> Prothonotary warbler flew right to me as I was wondering if I would see one of them.
> Tons of palm and yel rumped warblers
> B&w, Nashville, black-throated green, waterthrushes.
> Foy green heron
> Unknown bird
> Caspian tern
> Spotted and solitary sandpipers