Date: 5/5/18 7:09 pm
From: Mindy Waldron <awaldron...>
Subject: Raleigh Co. Birds
Friends,
Over the last week we’ve had male and female rose-breasted grosbeaks and Baltimore orioles. Also male indigo bunting, a lone pine siskin, and catbirds at our feeders. We went to Maple Meadow today and found white-eyed vireo, red-eyed vireo, blue-headed vireo and yellow-throated vireo. We had a couple of yellow breasted chats. Warblers were blue-winged, w. palm warbler, yellow-throated, parula, hooded, ovenbird, Kentucky, common yellowthroat, yellow, and Louisiana waterthrush. There was also a green heron.

On last Wednesday we had swainson’s warbler at Lake Stephens. We went to Bolt Mountain last Wednesday and found chestnut-sided, blackburnian, Am. Redstart, Black-throated green, blue-winged, and parula. We also had least flycatcher.

It is nice that spring and birds have finally arrived.

Allen and Mindy Waldron
Surveyor, WV

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Join us on Facebook!