Date: 5/5/18 6:10 pm
From: Jim Berry <jim.berry3...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Fwd: eBird Report - Appleton Farm (TTOR), May 5, 2018
Appleton Farm (TTOR), Ipswich

May 5, 2018 8:20 AM - 12:50 PM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
Comments: I went on a walk this morning led by Kyle Jacoby, the new naturalist at the farm. We took our time and found about 44 species. Still no spotted thrushes, though most of the time we were in grasslands. Except for a brief solo foray I made at the end, we stayed on the east side of the RR tracks.
44 species (+1 other taxa)

Canada Goose 2
Mallard 4
Wild Turkey 1
Great Egret 1
Red-tailed Hawk 3
Buteo sp. 2
Herring Gull 1
Mourning Dove 3
Belted Kingfisher 1
Red-bellied Woodpecker 3
Downy Woodpecker 4
Northern Flicker 1 not seen
Pileated Woodpecker 3 Including a nesting pair in the RHWO swamp. Photo by Dave Young of Manchester. If I can figure out how to change the text from "@Jim Berry" to "@Dave Young", I'll do it.
Eastern Phoebe 1
Great Crested Flycatcher 1
Eastern Kingbird 2
Warbling Vireo 1
Blue Jay 3
American Crow 2
Tree Swallow 30
Barn Swallow 25
Black-capped Chickadee 4
Tufted Titmouse 8
White-breasted Nuthatch 4
Eastern Bluebird 6 3 pairs, all in or near boxes
American Robin 7
Gray Catbird 1
European Starling 100 probably low estimate
Ovenbird 1
Black-and-white Warbler 1
Common Yellowthroat 1
Palm Warbler 1
Pine Warbler 2
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle) 2
Chipping Sparrow 11
Vesper Sparrow 1 On trail to the beaver swamp, with savannahs. All photos by Dave Young.
Savannah Sparrow 8
Song Sparrow 9
Northern Cardinal 3
Bobolink 13