Date: 5/5/18 4:29 pm
From: <Meredith.McBurney...>
Subject: [cobirds] Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Chatfield Station, 5/5/18
Our slow to moderate pace continued, although the birds spaced themselves
out nicely through the morning so we always had a bird or two to share with
a very appreciative and interested crowd of Saturday visitors. 11 banded,
plus 2 from prior years (plus another 4 caught for the 2nd time this year
not listed here):

Downy Woodpecker 1
Black-capped Chickadee 1 new, 1 banded 2015, 1 banded 2016
House Wren 5
Hermit Thrush 2
Lincoln's Sparrow 1
Red-winged Blackbird 1

Come visit! Station is open daily, weather permitting, through the end of
May, except for May 10-12 and 28. We open nets about 6:30 and close around
noon. If you would like to visit on a weekend, you must pre-register - go
to the Audubon Society of Greater Denver website. Perhaps the best time for
birders to visit is early in the morning during the week - fewer people and
more birds! (School groups arrive each day between 9:30 and 10:30.)

Meredith McBurney
Bander
Chatfield Banding Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies