Date: 5/5/18 4:18 pm
From: Andrew Block via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] FYI Peterson’s Field Guide Eastern Birds Nests
I tend to politely disagree with Vanessa's opinion of the Peterson guide to nests.  I've owned both for more than 35 years and have found them very helpful.  It is true that they are mostly viewed from the top but using the descriptions and photos I have been able to id many nests over the years and because of them have become pretty proficient at identifying nests of many North American species.  I would recommend them and most of the Peterson series to anyone with an interest in nature.
Andrew Andrew v. F. Block
Consulting Naturalist
20 Hancock Avenue, Apt. 3
Yonkers, Westchester Co., New York 10705-4629
www.flickr.com/photos/conuropsis/albums