Date: 5/5/18 3:14 pm
From: M & K Mannella <mkmannella...>
Subject: Re: Blue Grosbeak, Riverview Trail, Frick Park, Pittsburgh, Allegheny County
We and another birder refound this BLUE GROSBEAK this morning. It is our first time at Frick Park, so my location may be a bit sketchy. We parked on Beechwood blvd and proceeded down Riverview Trail. There is a place not too far down that had a small clearing and some low, dead brush on the left side of the trail. It popped up there and we observed for about 5 minutes. I believe the trail is above a ravine, which is where the other birder saw it and lots of warblers. We were there between 10 and noon today.
Michele
Sent from miPhone

> On May 3, 2018, at 6:09 PM, Matt Webb <matthewmichaelwebb...> wrote:
>
> Hey all,
>
> Today at about 1PM Amber and I had a BLUE GROSBEAK on a mountain biking
> trail through a meadow, between the Riverview Trail and the Lower Riverview
> Trail!
>
> Photos and complete list of 48 species can be seen here:
> https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45218194
>
> This was the first time I have taken my digital camera with me while
> birding in Pittsburgh... I'll be sure to bring it with me from now on!
>
> The last I have heard, noone has been able to re-find the bird... I'm going
> to go back Saturday morning and see what's around!
>
> Great Birding!
>
> Matt Webb
> Pittsburgh, PA

Join us on Facebook!