Date: 5/5/18 2:02 pm
From: <joceb2005...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Name of Hot Spot (No sighting)
After I entered my species lists for today's count on ebird this afternoon, I thought I would check out a site on ebird that I've birded for thirty plus years: Lambert Lake Nature Preserve in Glen Ellyn.

Imagine my surprise that I didn't show up! Upon closer examination, I've discovered that, on ebird, the site is named "Lambert Nature Preserve" and the location is given as Wheaton!!!! So many errors!

Since I've learned from experience the futility of fighting city hall, I renamed the location in my ebird profile. It will be interesting to see if and when my data is actually incorporated.

John Cebula (Glen Ellyn--where the preserve is located!)

Join us on Facebook!