Date: 5/5/18 1:37 pm
From: Pamela Fisher <000000233af33264-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Sora, Warblers, and other Spring migrants. Lancaster county
On my walk this morning before church, I had a flyover Common Loon, a Cape May Warbler, a Northern Waterthrush, a Scarlet Tanager, a Bobolink, and a Solitary Sandpiper.
After church, I headed up to Middle Creek. What an awesome day! I walked Laurel Road, where I had 10 species of Warblers, including Blackburnian! I also had, Yellow-throated Vireo, Red-eyed Vireo, Scarlet Tanager, Ruby-throated Hummingbird, and Great Crested Flycatcher. Then I decided to check out the water. One of the ponds had a couple of shorebirds in it, so I stopped to see what they were. I am so glad I did! While trying to find one of the shorebirds with my binoculars, I spotted a Sora foraging along the far edge! The shorebirds were Lesser Yellowlegs, but I had 3 Wilson's Snipe in the pond on the opposite side of the road. At a pond near stop 1, I had two Least Sandpipers. I ended my day with 80 species!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Join us on Facebook!