Date: 5/5/18 12:53 pm
From: Judy & Don <9waterfall9...>
Subject: Warblers near old quarry glade Lake Leatherwood Park
I was listening for warblers on the way to the old quarry and glade habitat that is home to the Collared Lizards we'd come to see. Casey Brewster, PHD candidate, Department of Biology at U of A, is studying these beautiful reptiles.
Herbalist Steven Foster and ANHC botanist Brent Baker also discussed native and invasive plants as they pertain to this proposed glade restoration project at at Lake Leatherwood City Park.
Casey captured one yearling female Collared Lizard [Crotaphytus collaris] and collected data prior to releasing her back to sun herself on the warm dolomite boulders.

Meanwhile…I heard Yellow-throated Warblers, Black and White Warblers, an Ovenbird, and the most exciting warblers in Ashe Junipers surrounding the glade were two male Prairie Warblers countersinging, plus a Black-throated Green, and a Black-throated Blue Warbler in adjoining woods.

Judith
Ninestone, Carroll County

Join us on Facebook!