Date: 5/5/18 12:44 pm
From: Michael Baird <rkramden1994...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Canada and other warblers at Lowell Cemetery May 5, 2018
Lots of warblers at Lowell Cemetery this morning, most easily seen despite
the wind as the trees haven't leafed out that much (like the springs I
remember as a kid). May 5th is the earliest date I've recorded Canada
Warbler in the cemetery. Surprising not to get a single flycatcher.
Good birding,
Mike Baird
Lowell, MA

Lowell Cemetery, Middlesex, Massachusetts, US
May 5, 2018 7:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.2 mile(s)
Comments: I birded the perimeter of the Lowell Cemetery with my
daughter on a bright, breezy day with temps rising through the 50s. The
breeze made some of the birds tough to get on, especially with the
flowering trees doing their thing but in general, migrants were abundant
with Yellow-rumped, Black & White and Parula counts high. Canada Warbler
was the biggest and most pleasant surprise as this is an early date for
them.
38 species

Wood Duck 3
Red-tailed Hawk 1