Date: 5/5/18 11:45 am
From: JAMES SPEICHER <jugornought...>
Subject: [MDBirding] [FR] Help w/ Bird ID please...LIKE NOTHING I'VE EVER SEEN...only better initial PICS & NEW PICS
I expect this will close the case for some in the Catbird camp, but I
remain unconvinced and am now leaning toward a Mocker/Catbird hybrid that
went terribly wrong.

Back again this morning. It's silent much like the "normal" mocker when it
feeds on suet and unlike the [at least] 4 catbirds frequenting the suet.
Whether the mystery bird remains, I now have an image showing it where I
should be able to capture comparable images of both normal mockers as well
as catbirds. My camera is old and these pics are taken in maxed out
telephoto range, which puts a strain on it. It will need to survive to
capture those comparable images, or a direct comparison will likely not be
possible...

Jim Speicher
BroadRun/Burkittsville area
[FR] Frederick County