Date: 5/5/18 10:12 am
From: Curt Powell <curt.curtp...>
Subject: [birders] Ann Arbor Warblers this morning - 6 Orange-Crowned, N Parula, Cape May etc
Hi,

This may be my only outing this Spring, so I'm gonna post! First went to
Dolph, which was slow, but netted ten warbler species, highlighted by a
nice, near eye level Blackburnian.

Then I parked at the entrance to Furstenburg Park at Geddes, so I could
bird there, and then walk the S. Side of the River to the Arb, all of which
I did.

The entrance to Furstenburg was very nice (And by this i mean the areas
surrounding the two bridges.) There was one Orange-Crowned right near the
entrance, and then 3 together at the far end of the second bridge. At this
spot there were also two N Parulas, (one persistently near eye-level),a
Tennessee Warb, among many palms and Yellow-Rumps and a smattering of other
things.

I then walked to the Arb and walked around inside the Arb and saw almost no
migrants. Past the W end of Dow Prairie, W of the Pines, where there is a
path up to the railroad tracks, where one can cross to the other side
(although they are making it more difficult), there was a flock of
Warblers, with maybe 10 Palms, and a gorgeous bright Cape May, and two more
Orange-Crowned!

So, all in all a nice morning.

Curt

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org