Date: 5/5/18 8:33 am
From: John Kent <k2ent76...> [hmbirds] <hmbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [HMBirds] Southern Albany County, 5/5
I birded this morning at Deer Mountain Nature Trail and Louise E. Keir WMA in the Town of Coeymans. I didn't see much in the way of through-migrants, just Blue-headed Vireo, Yellow-rumped Warbler, and Ruby-crowned Kinglet. Most of the expected species were present, including Red-shouldered Hawk, Black-throated Green Warbler, and Worm-eating Warbler (WEWA) at Deer Mountain. At Keir, I wasn't able to find the WEWAs that Tom had yesterday, and the Hooded Warblers that were there last year don't seem to be back. There were Pine and Black-and-White Warblers, Ovenbirds, a Yellow-throated Vireo, and a Black-throated Green Warbler. A Broad-winged Hawk was perched in a tree and calling. In the area at the top of the hill where DEC conducted a controlled burn in the past week or two, Chipping Sparrows and a Veery were foraging in the ashes.

John Kent
Selkirk

Posted by: John Kent <k2ent76...>

<*> Your email settings: