Date: 5/5/18 5:26 am
From: Vanessa David via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] FYI Peterson’s Field Guide Eastern Birds Nests
I bought the book because I saw it recommended here but unfortunately I have found It unhelpful. You cannot search based on construction or habitat and all the nest views are top down. So if you’re wondering who made a nest made of mud and grass in a tree fork on the edge of an urban woodland...you have to look through the whole book and even then you can’t identify it because you saw a side view and not top down.

I messaged the publisher and the good news is that they have a new updated version under contract. So save yourself the frustration and 20 bucks and wait for the new book to come out. Hopefully it will be user friendly.

Vanessa David

Sent from my iPad