Date: 5/4/18 7:53 pm
From: 'Deborah Carstensen' via Colorado Birds <cobirds...>
Subject: [cobirds] Palm warbler, Crow valley, Weld (?)
I saw the palm warbler this evening. A beautiful male, wagging his tail and catching bugs in trees and close to edge of small pond. He was on the north end of the area, through the gate and around the tiny pond on the left. The pond is the first one you’ll come to and only about 15-20 feet wide.
Also seen:
Flickers - red and yellow shafted
House wrens- tons
Yellow rumpled warblers
blue-gray gnatcatchers
Kestrel
Western kingbirds
Robins out the yin yang (what does that really
mean?)
Killdeer
Swainsons hawk
Blue jays
Mourning doves- lots
Eurasian collared doves- way outnumbered by
The mourning doves - yay
White crowned sparrows
Grackles
Spotted towhee

I know there’s a lot more out there but that’s what I got this afternoon.

Deb Carstensen, Littleton

Sent from my iPhone