Date: 5/4/18 7:15 pm
From: Juliet Berger <juliet.berger...>
Subject: [birders] Dolph Park Kirtland's Warbler and the NAP Work Day tomorrow
Hello Birders and Friends,
By now most birders in SE Michigan are aware that a Kirtland's Warbler was
discovered at Dolph Park, in Ann Arbor, and was seen by MOBS of birders. It
was last seen on the far Northeast side of the park, actually out of the
park boundaries. With favorable winds and no rain predicted, the bird is
likely to complete its migration tonight, but it is always worth checking
in the morning, to see if it is still there.

I want to let you all know that Natural Area Preservation Division of Ann
Arbor Parks and Recreation, (NAP) where I work as the ornithologist, has a
restoration workday planned at Dolph Park tomorrow, so there are likely to
be a dozen or more volunteers in amongst the trees South of First Sister
Lake, from 1-4:00 pm, probably pulling garlic mustard, in this beautiful
area full of wildflowers, to give the flowers a chance to stay healthy and
spread. Please be courteous to each other and know we all care for the
health of Dolph Park and it's flora and fauna, and birds, of course. The
workday leaders have been updated that tomorrow may be especially full of
warblers and birders, so they will know to expect you!!

All the best and good birding,

Juliet Berger

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<CABVs24KViHBzw3R1YiN2cMPm6mvKpLdr9-m9Cg9ZpKuOidzdtg...>