Date: 5/4/18 6:20 pm
From: Lloyd Davies <ldavies...>
Subject: Migration Getting Fun
After dreary where-are-the-birds weather for most of April, the last week
has really gotten in full swing here. I'm hearing more than I'm seeing and
after walking out back along Mud Creek (Luta Creek) in Marion for an hour
this evening saw probably two dozen warblers. Have never seen so many here.
A mob of yellow here, a dozen yellow-rumps there but just a mix and many
tonight. Kind of cool.

First thing I heard was a Great Crested Flycatcher when I pulled in the
driveway. First of the year. Hummingbirds showed up two days ago. Orioles
last week. Saw a red-headed woodpecker yesterday.

As for tonight:

Nashville Warbler

Yellow Warbler

Yellow-Rumped Warbler

(There were multiples of these three on the the berries on a huge
cottonwood)

Orange-Crowned Warbler

Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher

Lots of Chickadees begging from their folks

Red-bellied Woodpeckers

Wood Ducks

Eastern Blue Bird (deep in the woods on an huge oak)

Great Crested Flycatcher

Baltimore Orioles (all over)

Ruby-throated Hummingbird

Harris Sparrows (there are a lot around - should they be leaving?)

Cedar Waxwings (heard but did not see)

This is fun.

Lloyd Davies

Marion, Kansas