Date: 5/4/18 5:44 pm
From: <ylime...>
Subject: [birders] Re: Best places to bird tomorrow A2...
Today's south winds switch to the west tonight, and the sky will clear.
Perhaps this will be an incentive for today's migrating birds to head
farther north on a cloudless night. Also the winds will calm down tonight,
which might push today's migrating birds that don't head north and
tomorrow's new arrivals higher in the trees. These are just guesses.

Dolph's trees and vegetation generally are low, woody, and dense. The Arb's
trees and vegetation generally are high; however, few trees and bushes
anywhere have totally leafed out. So it may be a matter of style. Do you
want to look high into the Arb's tall trees or low into Dolph's spindly
bushes and trees?

When Dea and I birded Dolph today, we noticed that tomorrow is a "work day"
at Dolph so birding might be interrupted by busy work crews. Whatever you
do, get out there and enjoy a great spring day!

Karen Markey
<ylime...>

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<1165db78-be76-41b8-867f-d2a083f5077a...>