Date: 5/4/18 5:16 pm
From: DAVID KOCH <davilene...>
Subject: Orchard oriole comments, Koch property, Northampton County
As I was sitting on the deck Wednesday, the 2nd, around 6 pm suddenly an adult male orchard oriole dropped out of the sky down into the Buddleia alternifolia bush above the backyard feeders. Its chestnut coloring stood out in the late day sunlight. But then I noticed yellow a few feet away in the same bush, and I ignored it thinking it was one of the 40+ goldfinches I've been seeing. But when it moved further out in the bush I actually looked at it and saw that it was a young male orchard. The two of them sat there for about 10 minutes, not moving, and then they flew off together. I often have orchards and Baltimores nesting here in the yard and fields, but these two moved on. Also, I've been seeing Baltimores off and on for the last 10 days.   Arlene Koch Easton, PA Northampton County <davilene...>

Join us on Facebook!