Date: 5/4/18 4:42 pm
From: Reed Flinn <reedflinn...>
Subject: Good birding on Shenandoah River evening float trip
Yesterday was a good bird day. In the morning all sorts of feathered
friends were out and about, highlights for me were Black-throated Green
Warbler, Great Crested Flycatcher, and 2 rambunctious Red-headed
Woodpeckers chasing reach other through the tree tops. This plus more all
in my back yard!

After work the lovely wife, canine companion, and myself hit the Shenandoah
for a sunset float around Avon Bend to beat the heat. What an awesome trip!
Some of what we encountered include Bald Eagle, Great Blue Heron, Barred
Owl, Common Mergansers, Purple Martins and a bagillion various swallows
getting their evening feed on. All were up close encounters from within the
confines of our trusty vessell, the S.S. Sea Duck. Great day to be alive.
It was sweet!

Bird On friends.

Reed Flinn
Shannondale, WV