Date: 5/4/18 3:55 pm
From: <ylime...>
Subject: [birders] Kirtland's warbler photos from Dolph Park on Ann Arbor's west side
Thanks to Roger Kuhlman for finding the Kirtland's Warbler (KW) and Mike
Sefton for telling us the bird's location in Dolph Park. After birding at
Dolph all morning, Dea and I were enjoying a sit-down lunch nearby and saw
Mike's message. Leisurely, we returned to Dolph and searched the location.
We relocated the stunning male KW in the brush on a rarely-used trail, and
I snapped photos. A photo is attached and more are at our eBird checklist
online at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45258901.
<https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45258901>

Rarely have I experienced such a fallout. Arriving at Dolph at 8:20 am, Dea
and I started up the entrance to Dolph on Parklake Road and notice a steady
stream of birds darting from south to north. We followed them throughout
the park, Dea observing that birds were mostly on the northeast side of the
park, where it was wetter and there was more vegetation. An awesome day
with 18 warblers total on our morning and afternoon lists ... that's about
half of the warblers we can see here in Michigan!

Karen Markey
<ylime...>

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<6edc932f-07a9-4acb-b45f-db4dcb823df1...>