Date: 5/4/18 3:04 pm
From: Donald Sweig via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] BOBOLINKS
I found a number of Bobolinks in a field on Harrison Road in Fauquier County this morning. They were in the large field on the southside of Harrison Road just past the Belvoir house and before the intersection with Belvoir Road. They were fairly back from the road, probably 75 yards or more.
I counted at least 12 birds with my scope, but they were many more making noise in the vegetation.
Nice to see and hear them again.
I also checked the large field on the north side of Route 688 (Leeds Manor Rd.) just off of Route 17, where I have seen Bobolinks in years before. I did not see or hear any birds there this year.
Further down Leeds Manor road, I found a nice Yellow warbler, a Scarlet Tanager, Indigo Buntings, Meadowlarks, Barn swallows, and two bushy-tailed Fox Squirrels along the side of the road.
Donald Sweig
Falls Church, Virginia

Sent from my iPad