Date: 5/4/18 2:59 pm
From: cynthia burkhart <000000990b36e23b-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Bluebird babies , Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, FOY birds, and nests
Hi all,The first of our Bluebird babies have hatched!The number of Rose-breasted Grosbeaks here continues to climb...we had 5 males and 3 females here this afternoon.  FOY:  Indigo Bunting, Redstart, Northern Rough-winged Swallow, and Acadian Flycatcher.
In checking the nest boxes today, I discovered that the 2 boxes at the pond that I thought were Bluebird nests under construction are actually Tree Swallow nests.  One is now lined with down, but no eggs yet; the other has what looks like pieces of weathered wax paper (possibly from compost pile) and 1 white egg. The Brown Thrasher was sitting in her nest in the juniper in front yard.
Cynthia BurkhartRitchie Co.

Join us on Facebook!