Date: 5/4/18 2:06 pm
From: DAN SCHEIMAN <birddan...>
Subject: Re: ASCA May Field Trip and AR Birdathon
One correction to Karen's post. ASCA's Birdathon team page is http://ar.audubon.org/birdathon/asca.

I encourage birders who attend ASCA's trip to also help ASCA meet its fundraising goal by making a donation or pledge, but that is not required.

Whether you donate or not, all birders who join this trip and thus help ASCA meet its species goal will also have the opportunity to attend the BirdLR Bird Bash at 5:00 http://ar.audubon.org/conservation/bird-bash. Karen has free tickets. At the Bird Bash there will be free food and drink, plus the Birdathon and Bird Search winning teams will be announced.

Dan Scheiman

BirdLR Birdathon Coordinator

Little Rock, AR

> On May 4, 2018 at 3:41 PM Karen Holliday <ladyhawke1...> wrote:
>
> Next Saturday is the May field trip sponsored by the Audubon Society of Central Arkansas (Team ASCA!). Audubon Arkansas and ASCA have a really big day planned, with the ASCA field trip kicking off the first of many activities. This is the Year of the Bird, a recognition of the centennial of the Migratory Bird Treaty Act. In celebration of that and World Migratory Bird Day, Audubon Arkansas is calling on everyone who loves birds to participate in the first-ever Arkansas Birdathon on May 12! For more information about what's planned, go to the ar.audubon link below. Other teams will also be out in the field that day, so we need all birders' eyes to the sky to see as many species as possible. The more species seen the more money that is raised! See details below about the field trip and how you can donate to Team ASCA!, even if you can't join us that day. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me off-list.
> Karen Holliday
> ASCA Field Trip Coordinator
> Little Rock
>
> ASCA May 12 Trip
> Gillam Park, Little Rock Industrial Park, Terry Lock & Dam
> May 12th is World Migratory Bird Day (WMBD). Celebrate the spring migration of birds moving from their wintering sites to their summer nesting grounds by joining our field trip. It will be a great day to be outside in nature! This bird walk doubles as a BirdLR Birdathon team, a new concept in fundraising on behalf of Audubon Arkansas. ASCA has made an initial pledge to sponsor the field trip team based on the number of species seen. Anyone can donate to ASCA’s team by going to ar.audubon.org/conservation/audubon-society-central-arkansas http://www.ar.audubon.org/bird-lr .
>
> Meet at 7:00 a.m. in Gillam Park at the last parking lot past the swimming pool. Gillam has great habitat for spring warblers and other migrants. There will be moderate walking on fairly level, but possibly muddy trails. Wear boots or study walking shoes. When we finish at Gillam, we’ll drive to the LR Audubon Center and walk the wildlife observation trail. Last, we’ll head to Industrial Harbor Road and Terry Lock & Dam to look for Western Kingbirds and Painted Buntings. Bring water and snacks, the trip can last into the early afternoon.
>
> Directions—Gillam Park is in southeast Little Rock near the airport. Address is 5300 Gillam Park Road, Little Rock. Take I-30 West heading south from Little Rock. Then exit onto I-440 going towards the airport. Take Exit 1-Springer Road. At the bottom of the exit ramp, turn left onto Springer Road. Go approximately 1 mile to just past the LRAC. Turn right onto Gillam Park Road. Follow it into the park to the last parking lot past the swimming pool.

Join us on Facebook!