Date: 5/4/18 1:41 pm
From: Karen Holliday <ladyhawke1...>
Subject: ASCA May Field Trip and AR Birdathon
Next Saturday is the May field trip sponsored by the Audubon Society of Central Arkansas (Team ASCA!).  Audubon Arkansas and ASCA have a really big day planned, with the ASCA field trip kicking off the first of many activities.  This is the Year of the Bird, a recognition of the centennial of the Migratory Bird Treaty Act.  In celebration of that and World Migratory Bird Day, Audubon Arkansas is calling on everyone who loves birds to participate in the first-ever Arkansas Birdathon on May 12!  For more information about what's planned, go to the ar.audubon link below.  Other teams will also be out in the field that day, so we need all birders' eyes to the sky to see as many species as possible.  The more species seen the more money that is raised!  See details below about the field trip and how you can donate to Team ASCA!, even if you can't join us that day.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me off-list.Karen HollidayASCA Field Trip CoordinatorLittle Rock

ASCA May 12 TripGillam Park, Little Rock Industrial Park, Terry Lock & DamMay 12th is WorldMigratory Bird Day (WMBD).  Celebrate thespring migration of birds moving from their wintering sites to their summer nestinggrounds by joining our field trip.  Itwill be a great day to be outside in nature! This bird walk doubles as a BirdLR Birdathon team, a new conceptin fundraising on behalf of Audubon Arkansas.  ASCA has made an initial pledge to sponsor the field trip team based on the number ofspecies seen.  Anyone can donate toASCA’s team by going to ar.audubon.org/conservation/audubon-society-central-arkansas.  Meet at 7:00 a.m. in GillamPark at the last parking lot past the swimming pool.  Gillam has great habitat for spring warblersand other migrants.  There will bemoderate walking on fairly level, but possibly muddy trails. Wear boots or study walking shoes.  When we finish at Gillam, we’ll drive to theLR Audubon Center and walk the wildlife observation trail. Last, we’ll head to Industrial Harbor Road and Terry Lock & Dam tolook for Western Kingbirds and Painted Buntings.  Bring water and snacks, the trip can lastinto the early afternoon.   Directions—GillamPark is in southeast Little Rock near the airport.  Address is 5300 Gillam Park Road, LittleRock.  Take I-30 West heading south fromLittle Rock.  Then exit onto I-440 goingtowards the airport.  Take Exit 1-SpringerRoad.  At the bottom of the exit ramp,turn left onto Springer Road.  Goapproximately 1 mile to just past the LRAC. Turn right onto Gillam Park Road. Follow it into the park to the last parking lot past the swimming pool.

Join us on Facebook!