Date: 5/4/18 1:10 pm
From: Keith Bowers <keefeeb...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Montrose very birding today
I wasn’t expecting much from my visit today but there were birds everywhere at Montrose. There were thick clouds of bugs all over and the birds were making the most of them. White-crowned and White-throated Sparrows were everywhere along with Palm Warblers and various thrushes but there were lots of other more interesting birds hidden amongst them.

I didn’t see the range of warblers others had seen but I had excellent looks at Hooded, Blackpoll, & Black-throat-green Warblers plus a White-eyed Vireo. There were a number of shorebirds on the beach including Sanderling, Dunlin, Least, Pectoral, Spotted and Semi Sandpipers as well as a Lesser Yellowleg and 3 Sora. I also managed to see a Yellow-breasted Chat and an Orchard Oriole on my way back to the car. 62 species in two hours is good for me at Montrose. A longer visit would have produced more for sure.

The event planned at Montrose tomorrow looks to be very large judging by the extensive preparations.It will be very busy tomorrow.

Keith Bowers
Chicago, IL

Posted by: Keith Bowers <keefeeb...>

<*> Your email settings: