Date: 5/4/18 12:42 pm
From: Josh Engel <jengel5230...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Montrose Friday midday
What was meant to be a quick trip to Montrose Beach to look for the Wilson's Phalarope seen there this morning turned into a much longer trip because of how birdy it was. I did not see the phalarope, but did see LeConte's and Grasshopper Sparrows in the dunes, Northern Mockingbird in the butterfly meadow, and a male Yellow-headed Blackbird in the treetops on the south side of the point. There were also many Clay-colored Sparrows in the butterfly meadow. I did not see Harris's or Eurasian Tree Sparrow.
Full eBird list is here: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45256019
Good birding,Josh Engel
http://www.redhillbirding.com
http://www.facebook.com/redhillbirding