Date: 5/4/18 11:43 am
From: <smbeaudoin1...> [hmbirds] <hmbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [HMBirds] Sora and more
Heard the ker-wee call of a Sora late this morning at the swamp below the old landfill in Saratoga Spa SP, accessed from the parking lot of the Carlsbad Pavillion. A Hermit Thrush was on the edge of the road leading to the picnic table pile, and two Veeries followed Tom and I along the road to the landfill. Going past the landfill, we had Black-throated Greens, Yellow-rumps, Ruby-crowned Kinglet and a lingering Golden-crowned Kinglet. Baltimore Oriole and Catbirds were back on territory and I could hear White-throated
sparrows.
At home on Luther Rd in the town of Stillwater, we have a Red-shouldered Hawk nesting in our yard! Pretty exciting, but once the leaves come out it will be invisible. Also had my FOY Great-crested Flycatcher and a Ruby-throated Hummingbird in the yard.
Susan Beaudoin

Posted by: <smbeaudoin1...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional