Date: 5/4/18 11:36 am
From: Roselie Overby <rosebird8791...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] Gunter Loop, West Carroll Parish
After running an errand on Gunter Loop Thursday and seeing how birdy it was,
I returned this morning to officially record the birds. The growing
secondary hardwood forest held a lot of Indigo Buntings, Yellow-Breasted
Chats, and Dickcissels. The Lark Sparrows were at the same area where I'd
seen them yesterday by the corn fields, but I missed the Horned Lark today.
I heard a few warblers in trees near the Bayou Macon. Since this is all
private land, one has to stay by the road. As it was, I received ugly
scowls from a couple of passing farmers hauling equipment and the parish
road crew patching the road. Despite that, I will try to remember to check
here next year earlier in migration. At least the woman on her riding mower
gave me a very friendly wave.

The full list of 35 species and a couple of Lark Sparrow photos can be seen
at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45253691

Roselie Overby

Join us on Facebook!