Date: 5/4/18 10:41 am
From: Jim H <englishhaus...>
Subject: Re: 5/4 Pittsburgh migrants!
Hello All,

Like Sameer, I too birded Frick Park this morning. The low clouds kept the
birds down and the brief spouts of rain created mini fallouts throughout
the park. I tallied 19 species of warblers as well with highlights
including a male Cape May and a few Tennessee warblers in the meadow area,
a male Bay-breasted and a Blue-winged Warbler at the intersection of Falls
Ravine, Riverview, and Lower Riverview trails, Cerulean Warbler at the
meeting of Fire Lane and Riverview trails, Black-and-white, Black-throated
Blue, Hooded, Northern Parula and Palm along Falls Ravine, Prairie Warbler
near the mulch and stone depot along Riverview Trail/Off-Leash Area. Common
Yellowthroat and Yellow Warbler were along the Nine Mile Run Area and
Nashville and Yellow-rumped Warblers were everywhere! Oddly, I did not see
one American Redstart or Ovenbird. Perhaps more interesting was a lone
Forster’s Tern that I spotted flying northeast through my binocular view
while I was looking at two Blackburnian Warblers in the canopy. A lone
Herring Gull also flew over the park this morning. Of interest was also a
pair of Great-crested Flycatchers that put down near the Blue-winged
Warbler during a brief shower. I tallied 65 species in nearly 5 hours.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45252099

Good Birding,
Jim Hausman
Allegheny Co.